Training Enrolment and Pastoral Care
Training is used to develop new skills, enhance existing skill-sets and to gain confidence and proficiency to safely and competently respond when needed.
Enrol now to make a difference in your community or workplace with real training delivered by experienced practitioners. There’s three choices for enroling in our courses depending on whether you are a LandSAR team member, joining a scheduled course, or enquiring about a course in general.
LandSAR member only courses are listed in the members portal.
Our scheduled courses are listed in our online portal. You can access these via the LandSAR training portal:
- Select Public/Corporate training calendar near the bottom of the page.
- Select the event from the list or double click a month to select the month if you know when your event is occurring.
- Select your event and complete all of the enrolment details.
- You will receive an automated email confirming completion of the enrolment process.
- If you cannot see the event you are looking for, please send us an enquiry using the form below.
- Fee-free criteria may apply to CDEM and volunteer search and rescue organisations for approved training courses
- View our standard terms and conditions.
General Course Enquiries
To enquire about our courses or to request training for your organisation please complete the form below or email us (if emailing please let us know as much information as you can so we can help you faster).
Many of our courses offer discount pricing to emergency services. Emergency services include the following:
- New Zealand Police
- Fire and Emergency New Zealand (FENZ)
- Ambulance Service – St Johns and Wellington Free
- Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand (RCCNZ)
- Civil Defence and Emergency Management Groups (CDEM)
- Volunteer SAR Organisations including LandSAR, SLSNZ, Coastguard, AREC
- New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF)
- For CIMS4 this shall include all Lifelines Agencies (including but not limited to Airports, Transport, Power Companies etc).
This handbook gives essential information about LandSAR training and outlines rules, expectations, assessment processes and other details of the training.
More detailed course content and other specific site and assessment information is contained in the various unit and course reference materials you will use during your course of study.
Please note that in signing the student declaration on your enrolment form, you acknowledge that you have read this Handbook and agree to comply with the rules and procedures in it.
Pastoral Care and Student Complaints
Under the interim domestic Code of Practice for Pastoral Care, you should be protected, respected and supported whatever your age, stage, place or type of learning.
If you have any issue if you believe your assessment has been unjust and you wish to appeal the outcome you can email your concerns to email@example.com within 10 working days of receiving confirmation of your assessment result. The full process is outlined in your assessment workbook or in the Student Handbook found on this webpage. If at the end of this process you still feel that you have been treated unfairly, in this process you may lay a complaint with NZQA through their website www.nzqa.govt.nz